Online editing service



Connect with us to know about our online editing service.

Speaking Claylanguage...

Free counters!

Chain Communication

The buses on certain routes in Mumbai are overcrowded.
After fortunately entering at the bus stop, if the bus stops,
Trying to get a ticket is another difficult endeavor.
Your voice like the conductor tends to go unheard
With the surround noise testing your listening skills.

In my deep silence, I hear an old woman yell...
“Mandir se Nagar … Mandir se Nagar.”
I looked at her as she yelled into my face.
I thought an enthusiastic mantra she was chanting
Until she handed me her money repeating...
“मंदिर से नगर |”

It then struck me, to the conductor she was pleading.
To please pass on the money, my hand I was lending.
“Mandir se Nagar” to the conductor I uttered;
My long hand returned the ticket of which she had endlessly muttered.

Communication on the bus is a different story.
When the total holding capacity of a bus is met,
Commuters start to pass on their fare till a ticket they get.
The conductor returns a ticket slowly
If he has understood this his round of a Chinese whisper.
This language system is a wonder
Because everyone involved makes no blunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment